Solar South Africa 2012
With solar winning the second largest allocation in the Department of Energy’s IPP Procurement Programme – a massive 1650MW of a possible 3725 MW – it’s no surprise interest in the market has exploded.
Solar South Africa returns for its second year to address the key issues facing the region, with a keynote session presented by the Minister of Energy, Ms. Elizabeth Dipuo Peters, and NERSA and Eskom on hand to offer an insight into the government and the regulator’s plans.
Taking place in June 2012, the conference is perfectly timed to analyse the progress of successful first round bidders and assess what problems remain with the process, plus attendees will examine how the second round of bidders got on in the run up to the March deadline.
"...this is an excellent opportunity to interact with the complete spectrum of those involved in the solar industry across South Africa"
Colin Turner, Managing Director, greenTEK ventures
Solar South Africa 2012 will present a balanced agenda with senior-level speakers from the industry’s leading project developers including Mulilo, Texforce and Aurora, as well as investors such as Standard Bank, the African Development Bank and ABSA Capital
confirmed speakers include:
• Elizabeth Dipuo Peters, Minister of Energy, Department of Energy
• Barry MacColl, Acting General Manager, Research, Test and Development, Group Technology Division, Eskom
• Dick Berlijn, Chief Executive Officer, Sub Solar
• Kelley Starke-Dow, Chief Executive Officer, Kensani Capital Advisory
• Chris Haw, Managing Director, Aurora Power & Chairman, SAPVIA
• Jacques Moulot, Chief Energy Specialist, African Development Bank
• Stefano Sommadossi, Chief Executive Officer, NextEnergy Capital
• Martin Schlecht, Managing Director, Suntrace
• Ronald Chauke, Head of Department Electric Regulatory Reform, National Energy Regulator of South Africa
• Omar Vajeth, Head of Power and Energy, ABSA
• Kai Arentz, Managing Director, Texforce
• Vikesh Rajpaul, Senior Manager - CSP, Eskom
• Saliem Fakir, Head of Living Planet Unit, WWF
• Linda Mabhena, Senior Legal and Compliance Director, Mulilo Renewable Energy
• Paul Eardley Taylor, Director: Investment Banking Coverage, Standard Bank
• Lyn Brown, Senior Environmental Scientist, SRK Consulting
• Martin Görner, Regional Director for EMEA, Juwi Solar
• Ayanda Nakedi, Head of Renewables Business Unit, Eskom
• Aldo Beolchini, Chief Financial Officer, Wise Energy
• Marc Immerman, Director, SolAfrica
• Linda Thompson, Project Developer, South African Mainstream Power
• Phillip Calcott, Chief Executive Officer, Thupela Energy
• Alwyn Smith, Chief Executive Officer, Southern African Alternative Energy Association (SAAEA)
• Jo-Anne Thomas, Director, Savannah Environmental
• Sean Doel, Director, WSP Environment & Energy South Africa
• Irvan Damon, Ambassador, SESSA
• Dr Thembakazi Mali, Senior Manager: Clean Energy Solutions, South Africa's National Energy Research Institute (SANERI)
• Paul Lochner, Environment Assessment Practitioner, Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR)
• DeVilliers Botha, Operations Director, Solareff Engineering
• Emile van Druten, Managing Director, Environmental Assurance
The second annual Solar South Africa is set to be THE most important solar event in the region.
- Special Reports
- How to set up a hedge fund