This practical 2 day course provides participants with an overview of the regulation and principles behind good corporate governance framework. You will explore the relationship between management, finance, law and ethics and learn to effectively administer corporate relations and to contribute to corporate performance at a senior level within your organisation.
The programme includes many case studies from the GCC region and worldwide, exploring the best current practices and standards.
• Main Topics Covered Include:
• Corporate Governance Standards and Mechanisms
• Corporate Governance in Emerging Countries
• Competencies of company directors
• Corporate Governance in Banks
• The Role and responsibilities of the independent director
• Corporate Social Responsibility and independent directors
• Financial Goals and Corporate Governance
• IT Governance
• Overview of corporate governance standards from around the world: UK and Europe, US, Gulf Countries, Asia
• Case Studies include: Corporate Governance Trends in the Gulf, Arab Bank, Philippines, Singapore, Siemens, China Aviation Oil and more
The course is suitable for all staff in management & supervisory positions, irrespective of their specific job responsibilities.
Register now and take advantage of our Early Bird offer!
Wed, 17/12/2014 - 10:19
Hermes Chief Economist Neil Williams comments on the latest UK inflation statistics… ... »
Fri, 28/11/2014 - 12:01
In this report S&P Capital IQ examines how credit events can impact on the price of equities. The results are compelling. The report looks at the relationship between credit indicators and equity back-tested returns. ... »
Tue, 16/12/2014 - 12:48
Following the strong win by Prime Minister Shinzo Abe in the Japanese General Election, John Vail (pictured), Chief Global Strategist, Nikko Asset Management, sees further boosts for Japan from corporate profits moving through to wage rises… ... »