This practical 2 day course provides participants with an overview of the regulation and principles behind good corporate governance framework. You will explore the relationship between management, finance, law and ethics and learn to effectively administer corporate relations and to contribute to corporate performance at a senior level within your organisation.
The programme includes many case studies from the GCC region and worldwide, exploring the best current practices and standards.
• Main Topics Covered Include:
• Corporate Governance Standards and Mechanisms
• Corporate Governance in Emerging Countries
• Competencies of company directors
• Corporate Governance in Banks
• The Role and responsibilities of the independent director
• Corporate Social Responsibility and independent directors
• Financial Goals and Corporate Governance
• IT Governance
• Overview of corporate governance standards from around the world: UK and Europe, US, Gulf Countries, Asia
• Case Studies include: Corporate Governance Trends in the Gulf, Arab Bank, Philippines, Singapore, Siemens, China Aviation Oil and more
The course is suitable for all staff in management & supervisory positions, irrespective of their specific job responsibilities.
Register now and take advantage of our Early Bird offer!
Tue, 20/01/2015 - 10:06
This Hedgeweek Special Report explains not only why managed futures should be reconsidered by investors, but also how a more effective risk allocation strategy can benefit investor portfolios in both correlated and non-correlated markets... »
Tue, 13/01/2015 - 11:56
Voting for the 3rd edition of the Wealth Adviser Awards, which recognise excellence among wealth managers and service providers including trust companies, law and accounting firms, has now closed. A list of winners will be announced in due course. ... »
Wed, 17/12/2014 - 10:19
Hermes Chief Economist Neil Williams comments on the latest UK inflation statistics… ... »
Mon, 22/12/2014 - 09:57
Standard Life Investments, the global investment manager, believes that 2015 has all the hallmarks of a pivotal year for global financial markets. Andrew Milligan, Head of Global Strategy, Standard Life Investments, comments… ... »