This practical 2 day course provides participants with an overview of the regulation and principles behind good corporate governance framework. You will explore the relationship between management, finance, law and ethics and learn to effectively administer corporate relations and to contribute to corporate performance at a senior level within your organisation.
The programme includes many case studies from the GCC region and worldwide, exploring the best current practices and standards.
• Main Topics Covered Include:
• Corporate Governance Standards and Mechanisms
• Corporate Governance in Emerging Countries
• Competencies of company directors
• Corporate Governance in Banks
• The Role and responsibilities of the independent director
• Corporate Social Responsibility and independent directors
• Financial Goals and Corporate Governance
• IT Governance
• Overview of corporate governance standards from around the world: UK and Europe, US, Gulf Countries, Asia
• Case Studies include: Corporate Governance Trends in the Gulf, Arab Bank, Philippines, Singapore, Siemens, China Aviation Oil and more
The course is suitable for all staff in management & supervisory positions, irrespective of their specific job responsibilities.
Register now and take advantage of our Early Bird offer!
Wed, 25/03/2015 - 10:46
The Bahamas is taking steps to raise its profile as an attractive funds centre, continuing to build out the popular SMART Fund model template to provide a range of solutions for investment managers, plus its new ICON structure designed to appeal specifically to Brazilian investment managers and advisers.... »
Thu, 05/03/2015 - 13:15
This Special Report unveils the ways in which State Street Global Markets' Fund Connect ETF platform is bringing new levels of efficiency to the the ETF marketplace, and includes expert comment from the perspective of an AP.... »
Tue, 24/02/2015 - 19:14
New regulations are allowing hedge fund managers and institutional investors to take advantage of fresh opportunities in the Swiss market, from innovative new fund platforms to new fund strategies and structures that provide significant portfolio diversification opportunities... »
Tue, 10/02/2015 - 13:49
Global gross domestic product (GDP) growth should accelerate somewhat in 2015 and 2016 from the pace of the last three years because of much lower oil prices, the avoidance of special drags on the world economy, and continuing easy monetary policies from global central banks, according to BNY Mellon Chief Economist Richard Hoey. Hoey (pictured) made the comments in his February outlook. ... »