TAIFEX launches new ETF futures and options
The beginning of the month saw the Taiwan Futures Exchange (TAIFEX) list new futures and options contracts on one underlying ETF linked to China’s stock market – the Capital SZSE SME Price Index ETF.
The exchange writes that expanding the coverage of the Exchange’s offerings over China’s major stock indices, the Capital SZSE SME Price Index ETF has become the latest addition to TAIFEX, joining the current ETF futures and options suite, which is now composed of eight underlying ETFs linked to both domestic and offshore indices:
- Yuanta/P-shares Taiwan Top 50 ETF Futures and Options
- W.I.S.E. Yuanta/P-shares CSI 300 ETF Futures and Options
- Fubon SSE 180 ETF Futures and Options
- Yuanta/P-Shares SSE 50 ETF Futures and Options
- Fuh Hwa CSI 300 A Shares ETF Futures and Options
- Cathay FTSE China A50 ETF Futures and Options
- Fubon SZSE 100 Index ETF Futures and Options
- Capital SZSE SME Price Index ETF Futures and Options
Prior to the launch, TAIFEX’ seven ETF futures altogether posted an average daily trading volume (ADTV) of 7,332 contracts year-to-date (YTD), of which the two most actively traded contracts - Fubon SSE 180 ETF Futures and Yuanta/P-shares Taiwan Top 50 ETF Futures – traded for 3,757 and 1,165 contracts (YTD), respectively. The ADTV of the seven ETF futures presented an increase of 41.22 per cent from previous month (November to October 2016).
Additionally, TAIFEX added options contracts to the four following stocks: HTC (2498), Catcher Technology (2474), Micro-Star International (2377), and Largan Precision (3008), making a total of 51 equity options available at TAIFEX for trading.